My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Be Careful....You May Have To Ask For Forgiveness

A repentant heart is a hard thing to feel. To have to get on your knees before the Lord and ask for forgiveness, for having caused another to doubt God's Love for them, to doubt their value in Him, to doubt their extroidinary worth and value is the hardest thing I have ever felt or done!!!!

This evening I have had to cry before the Lord to ask Him to forgive me for hurting one of His children. For not thinking about my actions, for not thinking through my actions before I did them, for not considering the repercusions of my actions. And it's been the most humbling and hardest things I've had to do in my life.

It would be so easy to make up an excuse, to lie, to tell a half truth....so easy on myself. But when you care enough about a person to trust them with the things of your heart, to love them enough to respect them with the truth....the repercussions of a moment of not thinking can possibly haunt you...possibly cause you to grieve The Lord and cause you pain.

Yes I am human, yes I stumble and yes I am just like everyone else...But I should have thought things through.

I have a responsibility to the people I am around, to be thoughtful, prayerful, and to always take my actions into consideration before I do them, as the repercussions can cause that word I hate the most.....regret.

Take the time to think about the things you may do but for a moment....if you think it will cause another to hurt in even the slightest possible way...rethink doing it or you too will be on your knees asking God to forgive you for your words and actions.

For the first time in my life today, I did not take the easy way out. I did not do what was easy for me and come up with a less painful explaination. I chose to try to be the woman, I pray God wants me to be....And Today I cried and before the Lord asked that through His Grace He would forgive me for my stupidity and selfishness.

May my experience make you think but even for a moment. That is my prayer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home